Parents! Youff! Get your diaries / Filofaxes / PalmPilots / BlackBerries / SmartPhones / iPhones / etc, etc, out now! It’s time to note what this term holds for G7Teen…
Saturday 17th September:
- The Gathering, Canterbury Cathedral, 10am – 4:30pm (Adults £15 [I think!!], children under 16 free when accompanied by an adult) [I can take up to 6 --Mim]
Sunday 18th September:
- Re:Fresh family service in Charing Barn, 11am, followed by a BBQ! Bring a friend!
- G7Teen in the Barn, 6:30pm – 8pm. Theme of the week: News / Current Affairs. Bring a news item that caught your eye or appealed to you this week. Prizes up for grabs for the most heartwarming, the most thought-provoking and the most random news items. Games, fun and food as normal.
Sunday 25th September:
- G7Teen in the Barn, 6:30pm – 8pm. Open Mic Night. An informal churchy thing in the style of a Cafe with a chance to share a story, bring a poem, sing a song etc. Parents are invited. Super-relaxed, chilled out evening.
Saturday 1st October:
- The Journey, Canterbury Christ Church University Chapel (North Holmes Campus), 6pm – 8pm. Chilled out church service / hang-out session with live band for secondary aged youth linking in with the theme of this year’s Easter Monday Youth Pilgrimage. Graham Nunn from Church Army will be there (how much do we love this guy!!!) Cost £1 each. See Mim or Canterbury Diocese website for more info (http://chypsministry.wordpress.com/thejourney/)
Sunday 2nd October:
- Re:Fresh all age worship in the Barn, 11am. Your crazy leaders, Diccon and Mim are taking the service this morning. Eeeek! Come along and heckle from the back!! (kidding lolz…please be nice Anyone wanna do a reading…?)
- G7Teen in the Barn, 6:30pm – 8pm. Your favourite movie night – bring (one of) your favourite movie(s) to share why you like it so much. We’ll try to show a clip of each just to get a feel for it so think of a good clip from it that you want to show us! Games, fun and food
Sunday 9th October:
- G7Teen in the Barn, 6:30pm – 8pm. Harvest Night. Focusing on the charity “Tools With A Mission“. Bring any unwanted tools that you / your parents are prepared to donate. Tools are then sent to be reconditioned before being shipped out to Third World countries where they’re a lifeline for people trying to make a living for themselves and their families. Appropriate games and activities will take place, and we’ll have loads of fun!!
Sunday 16th October:
- Pizza night at the Eureka Pizza Hut, Ashford! 6:30pm – 8pm. Bring money for pizza and drinks. We’ll provide some quizzes while we wait for food
Sunday 23rd and 30th October: Half Term (excl. Homewood pupils) – No G7Teen.
And… exhale… Loads of info here. If anything changes we’ll let you know as soon as we can! Looking forward to some crazy evenings and some good times Call me if you have any questions.