Don’t miss our remaining Christingle services (on the 18th, 23rd and 24th Dec) which are enchanting and enjoyable for children and adults alike!
Christingle ‘Christ Light’ services originate from a custom in Moravian churches of distributing lighted candles to children on Christmas Eve to celebrate Christ, the Light of the world. Now the Christingle itself has become a very interesting object.
A Christingle is:
- An orange representing the world
- A red ribbon around the orange representing the blood of Jesus
- 4 cocktail sticks with sweets on cocktail sticks representing the fruits of the earth and the four seasons
- A lighted candle in the top of the orange representing Christ, the light of the world
There are Christingle services at Pluckley, Hothfield, Charing and Westwell so don’t forget to put them in your diary. All are very welcome, come and receive your orange (Christingle), hear the Christmas story, and sing some carols. Come early as these services always fill up quickly.
Enchanting Christingle services:
Sun 18 Dec
- 15:30 – 16:30 Carol & Christingle Service (Pluckley) – St Nicholas’ Pluckley
Fri 23 Dec
- 15:00 – 16:00 Christingle (Hothfield) – St Margaret Church, Church Lane, Hothfield, Ashford, TN26 1EL, UK
Sat 24 Dec
- 15:00 – 16:00 Christingle (Charing) – St Peter and St Paul Church, The Market Place, Charing, Ashford, TN27 0LP, UK – all money raised goes to Children’s Society, Crisis and Pilgrim’s Hospice. Children come dressed as Angels or Shepherds if you can.
- 15:00 – 16:00 Christingle Service (Westwell) – St Mary the Virgin Church, Eastwell Lane, Westwell, Ashford, TN25 4JX, UK
As always, for further information on services and events see the calendar (on the right near the top) on our home page, or shown in ‘agenda format’ on the individual church pages (tip: click on the parish names in blue above to take a short-cut there immediately).